There are a myriad of reasons that men may feel that their intimate life is not what it should be. There may be a diminished interest in sex, issues with function or perhaps an inability to reach orgasm. You (or you partner) are not alone. Unfortunately, it’s a common problem and these are the current statistics of the prevalence of male sexual dysfunction:
- 51% of men suffer from some form of erectile dysfunction
- 57% of those who report erectile dysfunction are 40-60 years old
- 80% of erectile dysfunction goes unreported because both practitioners and patients are not comfortable discussing their sexual health. We are not! That’s what we do!
- Every decade of life increases the risk of erectile dysfunction by 10%
The good news is that we have options.
Why Treat Sexual Dysfunction
The benefits of good sexual energy include:
|Increases sense of well being
|Decreases risk of ulcers
|Increases immune system function
|Decreases heart disease
|Increases tissue health & bladder function
|Decreases the incidence of cancer
|Increases self-esteem & happiness
|Twice weekly relations decreases the
incidence of heart attack by 50%
Those are some very important benefits! If you or your partner is suffering, seek help.
What Causes Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Male sexual arousal is a complex process that involves the brain, hormones, nerves, muscles and blood vessels. These are the most common contributing factors of ED:
|Closed Blood Vessels (Atherosclerosis)
|High Blood Pressure
|Metabolic Syndrome (high BP, high insulin,
body fat around the middle, high cholesterol)
|Certain Prescription Medications
|Alcoholism & Other Forms of Substance
|Treatments for Prostate Cancer or Enlarged
|Surgeries/Injuries that affect the Pelvic Area or Spinal Cord
How to Make Erections Better
Because ED can be a complex issue with possibly more than one culprit, we evaluate overall health and medical history, then recommend the best option for treatment that may include more than one of these options.
1. Testosterone Optimization: Achieving optimal T levels of can improve many symptoms of “andropause” including erectile dysfunction, low libido, poor energy levels, improved mood and sleep. Men with suboptimal testosterone may have a reduction in the frequency, amplitude, and rigidity of erections.
2. DHEA: This hormone is produced in our adrenal glands and is a precursor to male sex hormones, including testosterone. DHEA production peaks in your mid-20s, then gradually declines with age. Optimized levels of DHEA to a level over 350 may help to restore sexual vitality, improve mood, decrease cholesterol and body fat.
3. CitraNOX: This supplement provides a blend of targeted nutrients (high-dose L-citrulline, quercetin and grape seed extract) designed to optimize nitric oxide levels, thus improving arterial elasticity and blood flow. CitraNOX provides a powerful formula for those seeking to optimize several mechanisms of cardiovascular health.
4. Priapus Shot®(P-Shot®): A specific way of using your own blood-derived growth factors to rejuvenate blood vessels and nerves of the penis, creating rejuvenation.
5. Himtensity™ Wave Therapy: A safe, non-surgical, non-invasive, drug-free solution for men to have stronger and longer erections and optimize sexual performance. This low intensity acoustic wave therapy:
- Is a 20 minute treatment
- Has no drug interactions
- Involves no needles
- Is scientifically proven in published medical journals
While Himtensity™ Therapy is primarily used for the treatment and maintenance of ED, it is also used to treat Peyronie’s Disease (alone or in combination with the P-Shot®) and simply to enhance sexual performance and possibly prevent the development of ED.
Clinical Experience of Wave Therapy has shown these benefits:
|No further need for medications (Viagra)
|Decreased refractory time between orgasms
|Working in cases when Viagra fails
|Increased erection quality
|Improvement in post-prostatectomy patients
|Larger and fuller erections
|Ease of getting and maintaining an erection
Be sure to visit the Frequently Asked Questions section about Himtensity™ Wave Therapy on our website.
Sexual health issues in men (and women) are significantly under treated. The first step in seeking help would be to schedule a consultation with one of our physicians. A complete medical history will be obtained and reviewed, which will allow the physician to recommend the best course of treatment. At Amy Brenner, MD & Associates, we are able to offer a comprehensive approach to improving interest and pleasure with sex, and ultimately the quality of your life…for both men and women.
Effects of Low-Intensity Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy on Erectile Dysfunction: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27986492