Our Office and Our Precautions
At Amy Brenner, MD & Associates we know that patients have a lot of questions and concerns with respect to the COVID-19 coronavirus, and we want to share with you what we are doing to help keep all of us healthy, safe and comfortable when you are in our office with us.
We are monitoring updates and recommendations closely every day and adjusting our policies accordingly. As we begin to slowly re-open we want to assure you we are carefully weighing what is in the best interest of our patients and our staff.
We are continuing to offer Telemedicine in an effort to support social distancing. We are offering very limited in-office visits as this time including pellets, gynecology problems and certain lab draws. These are done by appointment only.
Here is what you can expect from us
- We are not accepting walk-ins, our lobby is currently closed
- All labs and visits are done by appointment and not all are essential at this time
- Car Waiting. We have a process of text notification of arrival that keeps patients in their car until cleared to enter the building and taken directly to a private room.
- Temperature check and symptom screening for patients and staff
- Patients are required to wear masks to enter the building
- We removed upholstered chairs from rooms
- All coverings for exam tables and drapes are disposable
- Utilizing one entrance and one pathway through our office
- Only one person in a room with a patient at a time
- Thorough cleaning of each room between each patient
- No laptops or iPads brought to the room
- All financial transactions are done via phone prior to visit
- Pellet patients are having a telemedicine visit first to discuss symptoms, concerns, dosing, etc and then are brought to the office only for the insertion. The insertion visit is only about 10 minutes.
- Hand washing is vital to staff and patients and we have multiple restrooms and hand washing stations in our office, as well as in every patient room
- All of our staff will be wearing masks to protect everyone
- Hand Sanitizers for patient and staff use throughout the office
- All employees are told to stay home/sent home if symptomatic
- Staff is using social distancing protocol (no handshakes, contact only for exam and procedures, etc)
- For the safety of our patients and staff, any patient/person experiencing symptoms will not be permitted into our building.
How are we supporting you?
Our team is working hard to be available for all your health and wellness needs.
- Our phones are open Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
- You can also email us at email@example.com
- Our team can answer your questions and assist you with your telemedicine visit
- We are using DOXY.ME for our telemedicine to stay compliant with healthcare privacy laws and protect your personal information
- You can continue to purchase your supplements or skincare through the SHOP on our website or call us to purchase directly from our office and then pick-up at a scheduled time or at your office visit.
We encourage our patients to:
- Utilize our option for telemedicine to optimize your health and stay safe
- Utilize the early check-in process through your appointment reminder email
- Wear a mask if you are in public or coming to our office
- Reschedule your appointment if you are ill or experiencing any symptoms
- Follow our newsletter for evolving information about your health and updates regarding our office
We will be sending additional emails this coming week (as well as posting on social media) to continue providing timely information to support our patients and begin the process of re-opening.